UPDATE

Your Yesterday and Angels mp3 files are being exhibited on the 'Exhibition of Pupils' Work' page in the sidebar. Keep them coming!


You know, I have a rep to protect, so I wouldn't say this in class out loud, and things are often easier to write down in words (like when you dump someone via text) but...


I'm loving this course and you're doing really well. It feels so good (for me) not being tied down to a specification with many traditional (old-fashioned), irrelevant elements; we can really address some proper, useful musical skills. The next two assignments (from me) are far more difficult than anything students have had to do in 'A' level since 4-part dictation was scrapped in the late 80's, so don't be worried if it seems hard...it is! But, in saying that, you are developing some really sophisticated musical skills (like melodic dictation, playing by ear, harmonic deconstruction) as well as technical skills (Sibelius, Logic, MIDI) and the sense of satisfaction (and relief) when you complete the assignments will be immense. Most importantly, they are skills that you WILL use as musicians in the future (as a professional or as a hobbyist) and I haven't always been able to claim that about the all the things I have had to teach in music in recent years. Keep revisiting the theory we have covered and stay on top of the workload (the only major barrier to success that I anticipate). I hope you are enjoying the course too. Look back at the exhibition page and see the work you have completed already! We are ahead of schedule and may finish unit 41 by Christmas, or just after. Well done everyone!